General Enquiries: 020 8979 4200

Appointments: 020 8783 0154

Sick certificates

You only need a doctor’s note if you are unable to work and are ill for longer than seven calendar days. Your employer will provide you with an SC2 self-certificate form for shorter periods of illness. You do not need a doctors note for absents less than seven days and requests for certificates under seven days will attract a private fee.

Self certificate forms can be downloaded from

Date published: 8th October, 2014
Date last updated: 21st November, 2014